So many people have asked us what they can do to help immediately for the efforts to help the people in Haiti who have been affected by Hurricane Matthew.
1) For Immediate Relief Efforts: It is best to support organizations that are already on the ground and are able to directly access the areas of greatest need immediately by air or water. An organization that we know is already in process of providing immediate need and could use financial help is Mission Aviation Fellowship:
2) For Other relief efforts to come in the short-term: we know of an organization that provides potable water systems and are already in the south with supplies to provide clean water for tens of thousands:
3) For the months ahead: we know that there will be ongoing medical needs with other issues. Although we are in the north part of Haiti in a less affected area, we have been sending supplies to the south and hope to be able to treat the upcoming disease upsurge as well as to help in the south. We would enjoy the help in days ahead as well.
4) We would suggest that you give to established, smaller organizations like those listed above, who are already mobilized. Please do not send supplies or people as the need right now is for financial assistance.
5) Please continue to pray for all of the people affected, the aid workers on the ground and all of us who care so deeply for our brothers and sisters in Haiti who are hurting.
Blessings and if you have questions, just let us know!